CQ Energy provides operational services to electricity generators, particularly those that require trading and operational services to be dispatched into the national electricity market. Our services are aimed to ensure generation facilities are properly registered in the market and have appropriate strategies put in place for the bidding and dispatch of that plant to account for any off-take arrangements, renewable certificate creation and sales and minimising risks associated with negative pricing and frequency control ancillary services.
Our Generation Services team works seamlessly with our Advisory, Operations and Risk Transfer teams to deliver value to our clients.
Market Operations Services
- Establishment of AEMO IT interface
- Development of operational capability (bidding and dispatch systems) 24/7 operation with full back up redundancy services
- CQ Energy has developed an automated bidding system that allows our traders to stay in control of a market that is increasingly changing
- The automated bidding system allows us to determine if the generator should be rebid to ensure that in most circumstances it is able to achieve its electricity breakeven price
- Our experienced traders are nevertheless available to manually override the automated bidding system and to also ensure that all communication between AEMO, networks and operators are appropriately handled
- Development of daily/monthly reporting systems
- Development of agreed policies, procedures and dispatch/trading strategy
- Offers of dispatch to AEMO on a 5 minute/half hourly basis
- Offers of availability to AEMO on a 5 minute/half hourly basis
- Interaction with plant operators regarding changes of availability
- Re-bidding of availability to avoid the AEMO non-compliance process (i.e. ensure changes to availability are submitted based on AEMO’s required availability thresholds)
- Re-bidding of dispatch offers to avoid negative prices
- Re-bidding of offers and availability as directed by AEMO in Lack of Reserve scenarios
- Provision of availability data to meet AEMO’s short term PASA requirements
- Provision of availability data to meet AEMO’s medium term PASA requirements
- Provision of end of day daily reports which detail actual to budget outcomes on a daily, monthly and year to date basis along with summary market information (as required) such as spot averages etc.
In addition to the operational services noted above, CQ Energy have undertaken the AEMO registration process on behalf of a number its electricity and gas customers. Where the client has decided to undertake the registration process itself CQ Energy has provided support through the process. Where CQ Energy is nominated as the Participant Agent then we will assist through the registration process by providing suitable information to support our experience.
Clean Energy Regulator (CER) Registration
CQ Energy have undertaken the CER registration process for LGC’s on behalf of its clients. In addition to this CQ Energy can provide services around the creation and surrender of LGC’s on a monthly basis and the management of LGC regulatory requirements. Services related to this and the forward sale of LGC’s including broker-based transactions are also available.